[Openchrome-users] Help needed for XvMC on VIA CN700

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Mon Jan 12 09:02:47 PST 2009

Manfred Twrznik/maennerseminare.at wrote:
> Von: xavier at bachelot.org
>>Manfred Twrznik/maennerseminare.at wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> > I'm trying to get XvMC running on my Jetway J7F21G2E Board with the VIA
>> > CN700 Unichrome Pro Chip onboard.
>> >
>> > I installed everything and did check it with the "Checking whether it
>> > works"-List on the wiki, all should be fine. I did run the XvMC-Info
>> > programm by Michal Podsiadlik and Ken Harris and it reported all fine
> too.
>> >
>> > But when I run vdr-sxfe (which is the xine vdr-client) with video=xvmc,
>> > I get the message:
>> >
>> > Error initializing xine
>> > video_out_xvmc: Xv extension is present but I couldn't find a usable
>> > yuv12 port.
>> > Looks like your graphics hardware driver doesn't support Xv?!
>> >
>> > What do I do wrong?
>> >
>>Assuming the video output names are the same for sxfe and xine, you
>>probably need to use xxmc and not xvmc.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Xavier
>
> I tried that too and Xine works, but it gives me an awfull looking OSD
> and a warning that the nvidea-driver does only support 8-color OSD. I
> googled around and found that the xxmc is the nvidea-support and xvmc is
> for the others??? Is xxmc for all?

yes, xxmc is for all. It's an enhanced version of the xxmc plugin and it
needs to be used to work with the openchrome XvMC lib.
I'm wondering why you mention nvidia ?

> And if yes, does someone know how to
> get 256-color OSD with it?

hmm, no idea. Either an openchrome XvMC lib limitation or a xinelib
limitation.
You can also use xv output, put then you will not benefit from the XvMC
VLD acceleration.