[Openchrome-users] External monitor

Leandro Nini m.l.n
Mon Jan 19 08:55:17 PST 2009

	--------- Original Message --------
	Da: Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org>
	        Cc: openchrome-users at openchrome.org
	Oggetto: Re: [Openchrome-users] External monitor
	Data: 19/01/09 16:37

> Leandro Nini wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> Hi Leandro,

Hi Xavier

> > I have an Easynote laptop with K8M800 chipset and I am trying to use an
> > external monitor with no luck.
> > My monitor (actually an LCD TV attached to the VGA output) is 1360x768
and
> > the laptop panel is 1024x768.
>
> Define what you mean by "use" :
> - Panel and monitor in clone mode ? (This should work, but with some
> limitations)
> - Panel and monitor each running their own resolution and refresh rate ?
> (This cannot work currently)

I want to display my desktop on external monitor (possibly at native
resolution)
turning off laptop panel (guess this is what's called clone mode, right?)

> Define "with no luck" ?
> - Panel is blank/garbled/use the wrong resolution ?
> - Monitor is blank/garbled/use the wrong resolution ?

Well actually nothing happens, monitor is still blank.
I wonder if I need some extra program to switch
video output from panel to VGA or pressing Fn+F4 is
supported out of the box.

> > I searched through the net and experimented some configurations but I'm
> > unable to make it work,
> > do someone have any experience and maybe could share some example
xorg.conf?

> Please describe what you want to achieve first (see above), then please
> provide your xorg conf and xorg log, it will help a lot understanding
> what your problem actually is.
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

I will send my xorg.conf and log (zipped) tomorrow.

Thank you,
Leandro

 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it: http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Meetic: il leader italiano ed europeo per trovare l'anima gemella online.
Provalo ora
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=8291&d=20090119