[Openchrome-users] [VX800 bug] mplayer freezes system with xv

sirius sirius_alpha
Fri Jul 31 04:08:55 PDT 2009

Hi,
first of all: I don't know if I should report bugs here, but I couldn't
figure out how to do it in trac.

I'm using the svn version of openchrome on archlinux (on a Samsung NC20)
with the VX800 Chipset.

When using mplayer with the xv video output driver the system freezes
completely (The sysrq keys work, but nothing else). The freeze occurs
either after some time passed or preferably after switching from one
video to the next (regardless of whether mplayer quits in between or
not. I.e. the first video may play fine, mplayer quits. When playing
another video the freeze occurs).

The Device section in my xorg.conf is minimal:
Driver "openchrome"
Option "ActiveDevice" "LCD,CRT"

The MPlayer error message is:
interrupted by signal 1 on module: flip_page

I have a logfile of maximum verbosity, but couldn't find something
related. Since it is 8 MB in size I don't attach it, please tell me if
there is something specific I can look for.

I know that the xv driver is still isted as "WIP" for the VX800, but I
hope this bugreport is nevertheless reasonable.

Simon