[Openchrome-users] Discussion on VIA support

Hans-Ulrich Beling hbeling
Thu Jun 18 23:39:26 PDT 2009

Hello gentlemen,
thanks for your good work of the openchrome driver.
Even it is not perfect.
I wonder why a company like VIA does not put more ressources
into the linux drivers.
The two patches seem to me a poor performance.
They are far behind ATI and NVIDIA.
If they see linux users as a minority we have to accept that.
Having bought?a Samsung NC20 with VX800 chipset, which is now nearly a year
known,?our decision is not to buy any VIA product because of the poor driver support.
Hope someone in VIA is understanding a decisionmakers point of view.