[Openchrome-users] cn700 (epia en1200) and compiz is possible?

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Mar 4 11:56:18 PST 2009

vpcompany at tiscali.it wrote:
> please, xavier,
> at least your answer by a technical point of view?
>
>> hello dears,
>> do you know if it's possible to configure compiz on epia en1200 (chipset cn700)?
>> someone tried this yet?

There was a limitation in compiz, that may or may not still apply. It
needed the 3D driver to have support for non-power of two textures. The
unichrome DRI driver lacks this. You need to check if the compiz
limitation still apply.

Alternatively, a new openchrome DRI driver is currently developed. This
is a heavily modified version of the old unichrome DRI code, but I don't
know if non-power of two textures is supported now or not. I'll give
compiz a try on my KM400, which is running the newer code, as time
permit. Please note this new DRI driver also needs a lots more new
pieces, and none of this is ready for public consumption. For a few more
details, see http://www.openchrome.org/trac/wiki/TTM_branch and/or take
a look at openchrome-devel archives.