[Openchrome-users] P4M900 - lvds problem

Kari Sigurjonsson mysa
Wed Mar 18 02:45:31 PDT 2009

Dear list.

I am trying to get X running on a mini-itx (EPIA SN10000) with a P4M900 graphics
chipset. A lvds panel is attached to the board through a LVDS-08
interface board from Via. So far I can start Xorg and the root window is
visible on both the CRT output and the lvds panel. No errors as far as I
can see in any logs. I can start any "native" X program e.g. xvidtune
and they display just fine on both CRT and panel. But when I start any
programs built on QT or something other than old-school X primitives the
lvds panel garbles up and blanks out. If the program covers the whole
screen it looks like the screen blanks but otherwise I get a garbled
display like some timing parameter is wrong.

When trying to solve the problem I tried setting the option "VBEModes"
in xorg.conf. That resulted in Xorg failure to start with message
"f000:2b07: C8 ILLEGAL EXTENDED X86 OPCODE!
(EE) CHROME(0): Unable to set the active devices."
Do I need a newer version of Xorg for that to work?

Also when I run X with the EXA acceleration method the server chrashes
when I try to run anything other than native X applications e.g.
xvidtune works but xfe crashes the server.

Openchrome module is version 0.2.903
Xorg is version 1.4.2
Kernel is version 2.6.28.7 with both drm.ko and via.ko modules running.

Does anyone have any ideas to get this going in the right direction?

Attached is a set of config files and logs.

Kind regards,
Kari Sigurjonsson.