[Openchrome-users] HP 2133

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Fri Mar 20 13:11:46 PDT 2009

Frederik Uyttersprot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the resolution on my HP 2133. I have a bug report
> here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome/+bug/332073
>
> (for Xorg.0.log see the ubuntu bug report)
>
> I've seen some posts on this list that tell me this should have been solved
> but it is not working for me.
> I have compiled & installed the last SVN version and still have problems.

There are various revision of the HP2133 and the one you have doesn't
have a panel EDID. The driver then fall back to a different heuristic to
get the panel resolution and in this case, it get it wrong. What should
be the proper resolution for your panel ? I'll sent a patch when I'll
have this info.