[Openchrome-users] Video stutter on cn400 with 0.2.903 & kernel 2.6.28

Paul Bender pebender
Sun May 3 09:58:14 PDT 2009

Robin Gilks wrote:
> I've just had a very frustrating day of repairing the damage to the WAF
> after a general upgrade on my Gentoo mythtv box due to stuttering video
> (reported by mythtv as prebuffering pauses).
>
> Obviously nothing changed on the configuration (I can boot two different
> nfs root images) and I at first thought it was a problem of upgrading to
> xorg-server-1.5. I tried testing with audio set to NULL in mythtv (no
> help) but I eventually fixed the problem by booting with kernel 2.6.27 -
> sound and video both OK.
>
> No errors with DRI are reported with the 2.6.28 kernel so is there
> something else I've missed in the kernel config? (I just copied the
> .config from 2.6.27 and ran 'make oldconfig' - I didn't pay much attention
> to the new stuff!)

I have encountered what is likely the same problem in MiniMyth. I have
not bee able to update the MiniMyth kernel to either 2.6.28.x or
2.6.29.x because both kernel versions result in stuttering on systems
that use the openchrome driver. However, because I have had no
compelling reason to go beyond 2.6.26.x (2.6.27.x has problems with
wake-on-usb), I have not attempted to track down the cause of the problem.