[Openchrome-users] [openChrome] #327: Cannot detect 1920x1080 on my fullhd monitor

John Robinson john.robinson
Sat Oct 3 10:24:26 PDT 2009

On 02/10/2009 14:32, OpenChrome Trac wrote:
> #327: Cannot detect 1920x1080 on my fullhd monitor
> ------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  trapanator  |        Owner:  somebody
>      Type:  defect      |       Status:  new
> Blockedby:              |
> ------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
>
> Comment(by trapanator):
>
>  gang65: the solutions doesn't work.
>
>  The "ActiveDevice" "LCD" maintains the 1440x1050 resolution;
>
>  with the "ForcePanel" I have a black screen.

I just looked at your xorg.conf. You've defined a monitor with a 65kHz
limit on hsync, and 1920x1080 needs about 68kHz. Also you haven't
defined a 1920x1080 mode, it's not a built-in mode, and it looks like by
defining your monitor's characteristics you're not giving it a chance to
define one itself via DDC/EDID. I'd recommend you drop the hsync and
vsync lines from the monitor definition and try again.

Cheers,

John.