[Openchrome-users] vga output on CLE266

tony tony
Mon Oct 12 06:56:25 PDT 2009

Well... having read that the CLE266 could drive a monitor at up to 1680
x 1050 what was my surprise to find a 1980 X 1080 option when I
connected my hush to our new Samsung full HD TV. And here I am typing
this after having watched a bit of DVB-S full screen.

OK it IS NOT HDTV we all agree. But picture quality was not so bad. I
watched at several different resolutions and 1360 x 768 was probably the
smoothest for this type of content. Text is of course best at native
resolution.

In any case it opens up some interesting possibilities.

Cheers
Tony

PS. I have decided to upgrade my computer (the hush must be getting on
for 7-8 years old) and have chosen to go with a double core Atom and the
ION chipset.