[Openchrome-users] P4-M890T-M v2.0 display problem

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Sep 10 15:11:14 PDT 2009

tank30 wrote:
> P4-M890T-M v2.0 display problem Hi all, I have the ECS P4M890T-M v2.0
> motherboard which has an onboard Unichrome Pro chipset for display. I
> have installed Ubuntu 9.04 and made the proper driver line change in
> xorg.conf  in order to use openchrome driver. Display is working ok
> but only with two modes :   "800x600" "640x480"

Your monitor is not sending an EDID and the default VertRefresh and
HorizSync values are too low to allow 1024x768. You can override the
default values by setting them in the Monitor section of your xorg.conf.
You should be able to find the needed values in your monitor's manual.