[Openchrome-users] [openChrome] #372: No picture with VX855 (Artigo 1100, VIA Nano CPU)

Ryan J Alder Ryan
Tue Aug 31 07:03:46 PDT 2010

> ... I am attaching a new xorg log and conf

Is that your entire xorg.conf?  Judging by the log, it seems so.  You're
missing a lot of options.  You may want to look up some sample openchrome
xorg.conf files to work off of, like this one:

http://www.docunext.com/wiki/My_openchrome_xorg.conf

I'm not at home to send you mine, but I can later if you need one.  It took
me 4 distributions, a lot of config playing and an svn update to get mine
to display right with hardware acceleration, but finally have it.

For the console problem, does it properly display the bootloader and
beginning of the boot process?  If so, you may need to blacklist the viafb
module from loading.  I had to do that on mine.  As soon as udev would
start, the console would scramble.