[Openchrome-users] Openchrome doesn't seem to load.

Máté Horváth ffa.blofsy
Tue Jul 27 06:31:18 PDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to ask for your help as it seems something is wrong here and I
can't figure it out on my own. I want to get Xorg 7.5 and Openchrome to work
on a laptop with VIA VGA chip.
*lspci output*:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. CN700/P4M800
Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 [S3 UniChrome Pro] (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA
controller])
Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions Device 10cd
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 10
Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Memory at d1000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
Capabilities: [70] AGP version 2.0

Other system parameters are in the attached Xorg.log.

*What I tried so far*:
1) Setting up the stable driver and Xorg-7.4 ( I did try with Xorg-7.5 but
the compile fails ). It used the openchrome driver and X -configure put
openchrome in the driver section as well. (this is not the case with 7.5 and
svn driver). After startx the screen went blank, the input devices were
unresponsive and I had to manually shut down the computer.

2) I used Xorg-7.4 and svn openchrome ~ same results as above.

3) Xorg-7.5 and svn openchrome. After X -configure unichrome driver is used
instead of Openchrome. I corrected the driver to openchrome in xorg.conf and
started X. I got blank screen but I was able to go back to the terminal and
save the log. I attach the results of this procedure (xorg.conf and
Xorg.log).

Thank you in advance