[Openchrome-users] Problem getting Xorg to run on Fedora Core 12 - x-no blanking.txt

John Robinson john.robinson
Tue Mar 16 06:53:37 PDT 2010

On 16/03/2010 11:29, George R. Kasica wrote:
[...]
> I've no idea how to go about that either, sorry. I don't see why this
> should be so hard from FC10 to FC12...the hardware is the same...what
> the heck did they do to the code?!?

Added new chips, support for more things existing chips did, and support
for changes in DRI and the kernel.

> Thanks for trying...would it be worth getting an add on video board
> and if so what would be good...I don't need to play games here just
> see the console.

Use the VESA driver instead, or if you know any RPM-foo, try rebuilding
the F10 or F11 openchrome for F12.

Cheers,

John.