[Openchrome-users] [openChrome] #342: VT8623 CastleRock 0.2.903-2 upgrade to 0.2.904-1 causes heavy TV-Out flickering

OpenChrome Trac trac
Wed Mar 17 16:03:25 PDT 2010

#342: VT8623 CastleRock 0.2.903-2 upgrade to 0.2.904-1 causes heavy TV-Out
flickering
Reporter:  Sekkai    |       Owner:  ivor
    Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Version:  0.2.904   |    Keywords:
Blocking:            |   Blockedby:

Comment(by schlobinux):

 Let's try another approach. The faulty commit is r787. It contains fixes
 to the VT1625 modes table and as such, is harmless to the other TV
 encoders. It also contains some more changes to the TV out code, and this
 is probably were the regression is. I made a patch that revert the whole
 commit, then cut it in 3 parts : part 1 is the VT1625 modes table fixes;
 part 2 touches to the clock source for TV out, this may be the faulty
 part; part 3 is the remaining of the changes. What I suggest is to start
 from a freshly checked out trunk, apply patch 1, build and test. If it
 still doesn't work, svn up, apply patch 2, build and test. Repeat with
 patch 3. Then report the result of the 3 tests here.

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.openchrome.org/trac/ticket/342#comment:29>
openChrome <http://www.openchrome.org/>