[Openchrome-users] a general problem with openchrome

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Mon May 3 13:20:49 PDT 2010

On 04/29/2010 01:43 AM, josephus wrote:

>      I dont have enough information to fix this problem. hopefully
> someone will know what the problem really is.  and can tell me how to
> fix it.

... snip...
> (II) LoadModule: "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchromedrv.so"
> (openchromedrv)
> (WW) LoadModule: given non-canonical module name
> "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchromedrv.so"
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchromedrv.so
> (EE) LoadModule: Module /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchromedrv.so
> does not have a openchromedrvModuleData data object.
> (II) UnloadModule: "openchromedrv"
> (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchromedrv.so
> (EE) Failed to load module
> "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchromedrv.so" (invalid module, 0)
> (EE) No drivers available.

As already pointed out by Ivor some time ago in a mail you didn't answer
to, the module name looks weird. It should be openchrome_drv.so. Where
does this module come from ? Did you get a binary from somewhere or did
you build it on your own ? In any case, I would suggest to move
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchromedrv.so out of the way and start
from either the latest release tarball or a fresh svn checkout and
rebuild the driver on your own. You can find instruction in the wiki at
http://www.openchrome.org/trac/wiki/Installation

Oh, and btw, please don't hijack thread especially as you already
started one earlier