[Openchrome-users] Via Epia M10000 - CLE266 issues with 3d acceleration

Gustavo Guillermo Perez gustavo
Tue Sep 21 20:56:20 PDT 2010

El Martes 21 Septiembre 2010, Andrea Carpani escribi?:
> On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 01:46 -0500, Gustavo Guillermo Perez wrote:
> > El Lunes 13 Septiembre 2010, Andrea Carpani escribi?:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to enable 3d accel on my via epia m10000 but I have no luck.
> > > The distro is a 10.04 mythbuntu.
> >
> > You clone the installation from an nvidia box, configure your GL/GLX
> > libraries to use mesa instead of nvidia.
> >
> > on gentoo for example is so easy: eselect opengl set xorg-x11
> >
> > hope you got a clue.
>
> Hello,
>
> what you mean here is that it's a distribution issue? 3d accel is
> somehow disabled in myth/u-buntu?
Yes, check this line:
(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)
it's from your log.
I have this error too, but skipped using mesa instead of nvidia GL.!
You have to see something like this:
(II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_SGI_make_current_read
(II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_SGI_swap_control and GLX_MESA_swap_control
(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/unichrome_dri.so
(II) GLX: Initialized DRI GL provider for screen 0

It happens in my case when I make installation clones. Cause I use to use
nvidia cards. So when I'll install the same gentoo copy I have to disable
nvidia opengl, it looks like you are using by mistake nvidia opengl.

--
Gustavo Guillermo Perez
http://www.compunauta.com