[Openchrome-users] unknown card

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Feb 2 13:26:37 PST 2011

On 01/31/2011 02:50 PM, Andreas Zwicker wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm getting this message on my HP Thinclient with a homebrewn linux:
>
> (EE) CHROME(0): Unknown Card-Ids (7122|1106|7122), Chipset: VX900;
> please report to openchrome-users at openchrome.org
>
> what data exactly do you need?

The needed data are brand and model of the motherboard as well as
available outputs (laptop panel, vga, tv out). Looks like the subsystem
pci id is the same as the manufacturer pci id, so either this is a VIA
board or the bios is not setting a pci id properly.
I think in your case, this error is harmless, but I'll add it after I go
your input on the questions above.