[Openchrome-users] Xorg.conf TV out

James A R Brown james
Sun Feb 13 02:07:23 PST 2011

Hi Xavier,

I have a feeling the display comes up, (I can view via VNC fine), but my
TV is a blank screen. I 100% can't remember, but maybe once I got a 30mm
vertical band on the RHS of the display the desktop showing and rest
black.

The only real difference my untrained eye can see in the xorg logs is
this line in the working setup

[510563.237] (II) CHROME(0): ViaDisplayEnableCRT

But to confirm 100% there is nothing in the VGA socket, only s-video is
attached to my TV scart socket.

James

lspci -v
--------
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8623 [Apollo
CLE266] integrated CastleRock graphics (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA
controller])
        Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8623 [Apollo CLE266]
integrated CastleRock graphics
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 12
        Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
        Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at e9000000 [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [70] AGP version 2.0

Working xorg.conf (uncomment ActiveDevice breaks)
Section "Files"
#    ModulePath  "/usr/lib/nvidia/xorg/modules"
    ModulePath  "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option      "DefaultServerLayout" "Layout1"
    Option      "BlankTime"           "0"
    Option      "StandbyTime"         "0"
    Option      "SuspendTime"         "0"
    Option      "OffTime"             "0"
    Option      "NoPM"                "true"
    Option      "Xinerama"            "false"
    Option      "AIGLX"               "false"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "Monitor1"
    DisplaySize 208 117
    HorizSync 10.0-70.0
    VertRefresh 48-52
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Device_openchrome"
    Driver      "openchrome"
    Option      "EnableAGPDMA"        "true"
#    Option      "ActiveDevice"        "TV"
    Option      "TVType"              "PAL"
    Option      "TVOutput"            "S-Video"
    Option      "TVDeflicker"         "2"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen1"