[Openchrome-users] Direct Rendering VT8378 KM400

Cinolt cinolt.yk
Sun Mar 27 18:50:18 PDT 2011

Hello, I'm having trouble setting up direct rendering on my system.
VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8378 [S3 UniChrome] Graphics Adapter (KM400)
FreeBSD 8.2
i386
OpenChrome 0.2.904
Xorg 7.5

$ grep rendering /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(II) CHROME(0): direct rendering disabled
$ glxinfo | grep render
direct rendering: yes
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer

glxinfo outputs yes for direct rendering but it also reports software
rasterizing

The Supported hardware section in the OpenChrome website documentation says
that the KM400 supports 2D and 3D acceleration. What further steps do I need
to take to correctly set up direct rendering?

Thanks for any help.