[Openchrome-users] Openchrome on CN700 (VIA EPIA EN15000G) incredibly slow startx, and hang on killall X

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Mar 30 14:31:02 PDT 2011

On 03/30/2011 05:56 PM, Alex Shepherd wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> I'm having a problem with starting X on any version of Slackware, using
> the Openchrome driver.
>
> Basically, it appears to hang for about 30-40 seconds on a black screen
> with nothing but a cursor. I've checked the Xorg.0.log, and it is
> completely blank until X is up and running. Once the X server starts, it
> runs really well. No crashes, no slowness, nothing until I try to quit
> X, at which point it hangs indefinitely. I can still perform maintenance
> on the box via SSH, but I can't get the monitor back at all. It behaves
> in this way with or without a WM.
>
> Any advice would be hugely appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Some logs would be hugely appreciated too ;-) At least the xorg log,
possibly a kernel log too (both compressed to not hit the 40K limit of
the list). It'll help to get a grip on what might be going on, as your
description doesn't really give any useful information.