[Openchrome-users] No hardware acceleration with VIA Chrome 9

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sun Oct 16 14:45:14 PDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 05:04 PM, Ivan Reche wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have an old laptop that just got a new battery and I wanted to make it
> last a little longer. Having hardware accelerated graphics would be
> great, so I'm into trying to fix this issue.
>
> I have installed Fedora 15 on this laptop but I don't get hardware
> acceleration in Xorg. How do I debug this error? My Xorg's log is attached.

On the 2D side, XAA and EXA should work just fine. There's unfortunately
no opensource 3D support for any of the Chrome9 chipsets and these
chipsets are not fully supported in the kernel anyway. There is some
work ongoing though, and the via DRM driver, which is the first step on
the road to 3D, should hopefully grow support for the Chrome9 chipsets
in the not too distant future.