[Openchrome-users] video stutter

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sat Sep 10 07:19:30 PDT 2011

On 09/09/2011 06:14 PM, DanC wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I have the following HW/SW configuration and am trying to get MythTV to work with simple TV-out (composite), but there is quite a bit of stutter in the display. From reading the openchrome.org Configuration page, it states:
> MythTV  -  Out of the box support. FIXME: Describe the mythtv conf to take advantage of XvMC VLD.
>
> Can someone enlighten me please?
>

> Mobo: VIA EPIA EX10000EG
> VGA:  Integrated VIA UniChrome Pro II 3D/2D AGP graphics with MPEG-2/MPEG-4 and WMV9 Accelerator
> TV-out: VT1625M
> Installed MythDora-12 (0.24.1)

It seems mythdora 12 is shipping with plain 0.2.904 release, which is
rather old and probably diesn't have support for the VT1625 tv encoder.
You should try to update to latest trunk and see if it helps.
See http://www.openchrome.org/trac/wiki/Installation#InstallfromSVN

As your distro is Fedora based, 'yum-builddep xorg-x11-drv-openchrome'
will install all the build dependancies.