[Openchrome-users] No lunch with OpenChrome on VX900

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Fri May 11 17:14:58 PDT 2012

On 05/12/2012 01:53 AM, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 12:29:33AM +0200, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> The logs you have attached are not from the openchrome driver, but from
>> the driver from VIA.
>>
>> X.
>>

> Whoops sorry about that. Didn't know that X fell back into the installed
> via driver. Anyways, I redid the tests and the logs are attached.
>
> So for openchrome-master with the attached xorg.conf, X boots but screen
> is outside display.
>
> For openchrome-kms_branch, X does not boot and it gets stuck at the
> ubuntu start up logo (I guess this is still in plymouth state).
>
> File attached: openchrome-test.tgz
>
> Thanks again,
> Amit

Try with the attached patch. This one is against master, but you can try
something similar with kms_branch, the same issue is affecting both
branches. Or alternatively, try using Option "ForcePanel", it should
force the same behavior as the patch.