[Openchrome-users] Ubuntu 12.04 and CN896 chipset only in 1024x768

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Tue Nov 20 14:09:00 PST 2012

On 11/20/2012 10:24 PM, Matthias Hanke wrote:
> xutils and xutils-dev were missing in the dependency description of the
> openchrome homepage. Anyway the next missing packages show up:
>
> No package 'xorg-server' found
> No package 'fontsproto' found
>
> *Gesendet:* Dienstag, 20. November 2012 um 22:16 Uhr
> *Von:* xxlray at web.de
> *An:* openchrome-users at openchrome.org
> *Betreff:* Re: [Openchrome-users] Ubuntu 12.04 and CN896 chipset only in
> 1024x768
> I istalled the dependencies like described on the link you gave and
> cloned the git repository. Unfortunately there is still a package
> missing which seems to be again not part of the buntu 12.04 repositories:
>
> configure.ac:48: error: must install xorg-macros 1.8 or later before
> running autoconf/autogen
>
> $ sudo apt-get install xorg-macros
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package xorg-macros

you mean, you used 'sudo apt-get build-dep
xserver-xorg-video-openchrome' and you're still missing dependencies ?
That's weird.
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Ubuntu, though.

Anyway, I think the packages you are missing are xserver-xorg-dev and
x11proto-fonts-dev.

Btw, could you please send plain text mail and not top post ? It helps
keep the thread legible.