[Openchrome-users] VX900 chipset and Debian

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Thu Nov 29 06:17:58 PST 2012

Hi,

Sorry for not answering your earlier mails.

On 11/28/2012 07:39 PM, ff at freddyfisker.dk wrote:
> I have tried to install the OpenChrome driver again without success.
>
> The messages from the "./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-debug
> --enable-xv-debug", "make" and "make install" commands is attached.

This all looks good, the driver is properly compiled and installed. You
are most probably hitting a driver bug.

> On the HDMI port there comes no signal and no messages from the monitor

That is expected, the HDMI port is disabled by default, because the code
is not robust enough. You need to have the following line in your X conf
to enable it :
Option "ActiveDevice" "DFP"
The HDMI output will likely not work properly though.

> On the VGA port there comes no signal and the message "Not Optimum Mode"
> from the monitor.

Maybe a dump of the registers could help diagnosing the issue. Could you
please build the driver with --enable-viaregtool added to the autogen.sh
call ?
Once this is done, please start the X server and send the output of  the
following command :
sudo via_regs_dump -dpm