[Openchrome-users] VX900 chipset and Debian

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Oct 16 11:29:52 PDT 2012

On 10/16/2012 02:35 PM, ff at freddyfisker.dk wrote:
> I have tried earlier to install the openchrome driver from source without
> succes, so I like to ask if this is the right way to do it.
>

> To lock in as root:
>
>    su
>
> To remove the existing openchrome driver:
>
>    apt-get remove xserver-xorg-video-openchrome
>
> To install packages to build from source:
>
>    apt-get install autoconf
>
>    apt-get install pkg-config
>
>    apt-get install build-essential
>
> To install packages to build the openchrome:
>
>    apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-openchrome
>
> To exit as root:
>
>    exit
>
> To move to the openchrome directory:
>
>    cd ~/xf86-video-openchrome-0.3.1
>
> To configure openchrome:
>
>    sh configure
>
> To make openchrome:
>
>    make
>
> To install openchrome:
>
>    su -c "make install"

It looks mostly good, although the call to configure should specify at
least the install prefix to override the /usr/local default, as
instructed in the wiki page I linked in my previous mail :
 ./configure --prefix=/usr