[Openchrome-users] VX900 chipset and Debian

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Oct 17 13:42:31 PDT 2012

On 10/17/2012 02:07 PM, ff at freddyfisker.dk wrote:
> I have tried to install openchrome from source with the changed command
> "./configure --prefix=/usr"
>
> When I reboot then the monitor prints "out of range" instead of using the
> vesa driver.
>
> I have also tried to boot in "recovery mode" and locked in as root.
> Followed by the command "Xorg -configure" to make the file
> "/root/xorg.conf.new" and then copy the file "cp /root/xorg.conf.new
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf"

There's nothing wrong with using an X conf file, put you shouldn't need one.

> At reboot, the monitor still prints "out of range".

Could you please provide the X log (/var/log/Xorg.0.log) ? it should
give more information on what is going wrong. Also provide the X conf
you are using and also test without an xorg conf.

> Is it the command "apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-openchrome" which
> install packages that is to old in some way?

No, the build deps are the same, this is something else.