[Openchrome-users] Failed to initialize DMA ring-buffer

Chad Kline i18rabbit at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 17:16:22 PDT 2013

I have a VIA CLE266 board, and after finding that the Xorg VESA driver would not function with the board, and finding that the VIA driver would not compile (FreeBSD 9.1 ports), I tried the openchrome X11 driver.

I am left with a black LCD screen after starting X, and the following error message: (EE) CHROME(0): [drm] Failed to initialize DMA ring-buffer: 14

Also: drm0: <VIA CLE266> on vgapci0
info: [drm] AGP at 0xd0000000 128MB
info: [drm] Initialized via 2.11.1 20070202
error: [drm:pid86837:via_initialize] *ERROR* called again without calling cleanup

Thank you.