[Openchrome-users] Text missing issue on Mageia 3

Axl Enrique Castellanos Kuwae axl_2092 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 11:23:45 PST 2013

Hello there. I'm having several problems with an old IGP S3 unichrome Pro (VIA P4M800 Pro chipset). I've recently installed Mageia 3 with LXDE in my PC. When the lxde desktop started, several letters (text) are not displayed. It happens with the LXterm too and is very frustrating . I tried with other desktop enviorements like KDE and TDE (trinity
desktop environment) without success. The default driver in Xorg.conf is
 "openchrome" (Unichrome based cards with 3d support).
The 3d acceleration is really bad. I tried Extreme Tux Racer and it run at 0.8fps!!!
The
 problem is with the Mageia 3 openchrome driver. I changed to vesa
generic driver and the letters are now displayed correctly but the vesa
driver's acceleration is poor.
I tried installing the Mageia 2 openchrome driver on my Mageia 3 PC but it doesn't work.

My pc specs:
Pentium 4 650 HT 3.40GHz
-512mb DDR2 ram
-Motherboard Jetway p4m2pro-p (Chipset VIA P4M800 Pro)
-video card: S3 Graphics UniChrome Pro (32mb assignated  - 64mb max)
-Mageia 3 32bits

Sorry for my bad english! I'm peruvian.
Please i need help! this problem is pretty weird and I am a linux beginner. Thanks.