[Openchrome-users] Rv: Rv: Problems using VX855/VX875 Chrome 9 HCM Integrated Graphics

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Wed Mar 12 05:57:10 PDT 2014

On 03/07/2014 09:34 PM, Isaac Pascual wrote:
> drm-openchrome is a linux kernel branch?

drm-openchrome is the kernel tree where the via drm module is being
enhanced for KMS (kernel mode setting) support.

> I try to make a package for archlinux... linux-drm-openchrome is a good
> name for that?

Not sure if there is any naming convention for such a thing with Arch,
but it seems to describe the content of the package well, so I'd say go
for it.
It makes me wonder if we could make the changes to drm-openchrome
self-contained enough to allow to just replace the via.ko file from a
distribution's kernel. I'd need to talk with James about that, at least
some of the changes outside of drivers/gpu/drm/via would need to be
upstreamed first and also some stuff tweaked into drivers/gpu/drm/via.
I should have a patch with a start for this around, I'll look for it.

Sorry for the late reply, I was sick for a couple days and let us know
how it goes.