[Openchrome-users] openchrome and via cn700

chris nelson sleekmountaincat at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:12:53 PDT 2014

hello,

i am not sure if this list is still active but it's my last hope! i am
having trouble getting x to load on my wyse v90le thin clients. i am
using tinycorelinux (xorg 7.7, kernel 3.8.13), but have the same
results on ubuntu 12.04. using vesa driver works fine, but i need
widescreen support. lspci identifies my card as:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. CN700/P4M800
Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 [S3 UniChrome Pro] (rev 01)

using the openchrome driver, when x loads, my monitor flashes and says
signal lost. i can still ssh to the machine, and can ctrl-alt-f1 to
console. i have also tried compiling the latest openchrome driver from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/openchrome/xf86-video-openchrome/, but
upon loading X i just get a black screen (monitor does NOT say signal
lost however). machine doesnt freeze, i can still ssh and ctrl-alt-f1.
i have attached Xorg.0.log, dmesg and lspci.

the output is dvi, i have tried an xorg.conf that includes Option
"ActiveDevice" "DFP", as well as Option "VBEModes" "true" but i still
get the same results. the particular line in Xorg.0.log that concerns
me is: (WW) CHROME(0): Unable to find connected outputs - setting
1024x768

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, chris

Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/uK3ZzQQR