[Openchrome-users] X freezes after upgrade to Debian Jessie

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Wed Jul 15 18:40:51 PDT 2015

Hi,

It appears that the device driver you are referring to is not related to OpenChrome.

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/net/irda/via-ircc.c

It is related to IrDA.
It is possible for you to file a bug report via http://bugs.freedesktop.org?[http://bugs.freedesktop.org?]
You will likely need Xorg.0.log, kern.log, etc. located at /var/log when filing a bug report.
    If you don't mind trying it, it will be nice if you can compile and install OpenChrome device driver.
This one has the instructions on how to do it.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Openchrome/Installation/[http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Openchrome/Installation/]

I managed to do this, so I can give you detailed instructions on how to do it if you are willing to try it.

Regards,

Kevin Brace