[Openchrome-users] Driver 0.4.0 crashes with recent linux kernel version

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Tue May 10 03:51:54 UTC 2016

Hi Torsten,

> Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 18:45:48 +0200
> From: Torsten Kalix <tkalix at gmx.de>
> To: openchrome-users at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: [Openchrome-users] Driver 0.4.0 crashes with recent linux
> 	kernel	version
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am using arch-linux and came across the following problem:
>
> After updating to kernel 4.5.1 the X-server does not start. When I
> downgrade to kernel 4.4.5 all is fine again.
>
> I have attached two logfiles for the two kernel versions.
>
> Please let me know if I can help with anything.
>
> Torsten.

I have been away from checking my open source software development e-mail Inbox for a while, so sorry for not responding right away.
Would it be okay if you can repost this bug report with http://bugs.freedesktop.org?
It is not your fault not posting the bug report over at bugs.freedesktop.org, but just for your information, here is the detailed instructions on how to do it.
The following is an excerpt from the OpenChrome Version 0.4.0 README file.

notified of the bug.
    It is highly recommended to file the bug report over at
http://bugs.freedesktop.org rather than sending a message to
openchrome-devel mailing list. Also, filing a bug report against the
Linux / BSD distribution you are using (i.e., Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora,
etc.) will likely be a waste of your time since the developers for those
distributions do not directly work on developing OpenChrome.

Again, if you can include the Xorg.0.log files for both Linux kernel versions, that will be helpful.
I do see something wrong with Linux 4.5.x kernel, and I will like to think that it is their problem, not OpenChrome's.

Regards,

Kevin Brace