[Openchrome-users] A thank you and status report on OQO model 02

Eric Swanson eswan at erics.name
Tue Feb 14 18:47:00 UTC 2017

I've been following openchrome development off and on for the past couple of
years and wanted to

say thank you for bringing the code up to date.

I've been pulling from git about every six months, running on an OQO model
02 with a VX700 chipset

and 800x480 screen. To get it to work properly on the OQO I have to modify
src/via_lvds.c

ViaPanelNativeModes ->

63c63,64

<              {1280,  800, FALSE,  TRUE},

---

>              { 800,  480, FALSE, TRUE},

>              /* {1280,  800, FALSE,  TRUE}, */

as the OQO's bios reports it's internal flat panel as Index 7.

I also need a modeline in xorg.conf.d/10-openchrome.conf to move the screen
up-

Modeline "800x480-2" 29.50 800 824 896 992 480 483 493 554 -hsync +vsync

I haven't yet tried the VGA or HDMI outputs, and DVI requires a dongle I
don't have,

but the internal screen is working perfectly with hibernation and vt
switching.

The only thing I'm really missing is 'xrandr --output FP-1 --scale 2x2'
which would be

handy on an 800x480 device.