[Openchrome-users] A thank you and status report on OQO model 02

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Tue Feb 28 08:18:39 UTC 2017

Hi Eric,

I just put OpenChrome DDX into release candidate testing.
However, I can possibly add special code specifically to handle OQO model 02.
Since I do not own this model, you will need to provide some hardware data for me to do this.
I need lspci dump and via_regs_dump register dump.

$ lspci -vvnn > OQO_model_02_lspci.txt
$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-debug --enable-xv-debug --enable-viaregtool CFLAGS="-Wall"
$ make
$ cd tools
$ sudo ./via_regs_dump -d > OQO_model_02_via_regs_dump.txt

Also, Xorg.0.log located at /var/log will be helpful as well.
    Regarding VGA and HDMI via the docking station, VGA might work, but HDMI probably will not work.
This is because OpenChrome does not currently support HDMI device, and this particular one probably uses an Analog Devices HDMI transmitter.
I am willing to write the code to support Analog Devices HDMI transmitter chip if I owned the hardware.
    Regarding scaling support, I may start studying how to handle it in the near future, but it might take a while to support it.

Regards,

Kevin Brace
The OpenChrome Project maintainer / developer