[openchrome-users] screen rotation

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Thu Jan 7 04:13:02 UTC 2021

Hi Peter,

OpenChrome DDX does not really support hardware rotation, and it is considered the lowest priority of features to add.
Sorry about that.
VIA Technologies' more recent open source DDX might have some example code to eventually support it with OpenChrome DDX / DRM, but there are so many more pressing issues OpenChrome Project needs to work on like getting OpenChrome DRM mainlined in the Linux kernel tree and fixing unwanted double allocation of visible portion of the frame buffer.
Right now, I am being forced to recover from an uninvited displacement event that I am temporarily suspending all OpenChrome development work.
That being said, I expect to resume by late January / early February.

Regards,

Kevin Brace
Brace Computer Laboratory blog
https://bracecomputerlab.com