[openchrome-users] openchrome drm on 5.14-next branch: lockup

Jackson dragonwarriorxtreme at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:35:39 UTC 2021

This happens regardless if I am switching from VESA/simpledrm or from VGA
text console.

When I set openchrome.modeset to 1 via modprobe, drm_ttm_helper (module)
and openchrome (also a module) load, then nothing else happens; there is a
lockup... but not even a black screen. Although, it's a soft lockup, since
the shell is still functioning and I can type commands. However, trying to
reboot or shutdown causes the system to go into a hard lockup, leaving no
choice but to force the power off.

Additionally, switching from the VGA text console also causes the VGA text
console's characters to become heavily spaced out, with dot crawl happening
rapidly on the screen... if that symptom is worth noticing.

For what it's worth, this is a VIA C7 optimized kernel at -O2, and I am
running it on an HP Mini 2133.