[openchrome-users] xf86-video-openchrome: X server crashing right upon start after upgrade to 1.20.11

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Tue May 11 23:11:03 UTC 2021

Hi Peter,

Sorry for not responding right away.
Since you mentioned X Server Version 1.20.11, I did test the current code (Version 0.6.400) with it on Gentoo Linux, and it worked fine.
If I were to guess the issue, it might be due to a rootless X Server issue.
For OpenChrome DDX to function properly, you will need root privilege.
    Also, try blacklisting FBDEV related modules.

https://bracecomputerlab.com/2018/04/20/how-to-get-openchrome-working-on-debian-9/

Regards,

Kevin Brace
Brace Computer Laboratory blog