[OFL-discuss] [Openfontlibrary] Creative Commons style RDF and "Human Readable" versions of OFL?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Nov 8 16:54:46 PST 2006

On 09/11/06, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 16:42 -0500, Nicolas Spalinger wrote:
> > </!-- SIL Open Font License -->
>
> That is good to see above, however, CC designed that mainly for webpages
> that license content, so will just have to be clear if using that on an
> html page what its for...

Presumably it would be for pages that are indexes for people hosting
their own Free Fonts?

No matter how great OFLB gets, people will do this, so its important
to support it, I think :-)

> Yes, much...but you all should get your lawyer to look at and suggest
> some clear names for the requires elements...
>
> I would replace the last require with:
>
> <prohibits rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/PerItemSelling" />

Ah yes of course, <prohibits>... So for <requires> we have

RenamingOfDerivatives
ReservedNames
RenameDerivatives
DerivativesMustBeRenamed
MustBeRenamed
MustRename

NoSellingByItself
NoSaleByItself
NoStandaloneSelling
NoStandaloneSale
MustBeBundled
MustBundle
Bundling

and for <prohibits>

PerItemSelling
PerItemSale
SellingByItself
SoldByItself
StandaloneSelling
StandaloneSale
IndividualSelling
IndividualSale
IndividuallySold

 > We might change some of the urls and create dedicated pages for this.
>
> Yes, that is fine...and encourage even, as web.resource.org might not
> want to add these conditions.

I'll write to Aaron now :-)

> Yeah, it would be good to make a non-english centric icon for OFL that
> clearly shows what this license allows with fonts...

Quick idea that I was thinking of for the OFLB but still may use
useful here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelab6/292671179/