[Openfontlibrary] logo contest

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 04:50:52 PST 2006

On 11/23/06, momo wrote:

> I think the best place to post the info about the logo contest is on the
> front page of OCAL, since there are lots of visitors involved in graphic
> design going there.

Agreed

> Also, posting an announce to the Inkscape users mailing list is a good idea.

Agreed

> Another possibility is to place an announcement at DeviantArt (it worked for
> Inkscape's about graphics), or typeforge.net.

Good point (both)

> I have rapidly created a draft of the OFL logo, it is located here:
> www.lumenstudio.net/ofl/OFL_logo__draft.png
> and awaits for your critics :). It is fully created in curves (in Corel
> Draw, but I can redraw it in Inkscape and submit SVG if needed).

Do you really want to redo it from scratch? :)

Based on you response I suggest reschedule the contest, making it
start tomorrow and end  on 8th, December.

If everyone agrees, we will have to publish this announcement at/in:

1. OFLB website
2. OCAL website
3. Inkscape users mailing list
4. GIMP users mailing list
5. Scribus mailing list
6. deviantart.com
7. TypeForge.net, if they agree

1 and 2 can be done by either me or Dave or Jon.

We need someone for 3-7. Any volunteers?

Additionally I will publish it in Russian at linuxgraphics.ru. This
already worked well for bulia's photoreaslistic Inkscape drawing
request (see http://inkscape.osuosl.org/screenshots/gallery/inkscape-0.45-photorealistic-car1.png).

Alexandre