[Openfontlibrary] Font File Type and Admins?

George Williams gww at silcom.com
Tue Oct 31 15:35:43 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 11:17, Gustavo Ferreira wrote:
> ufo stores opentype features in a dictionary which lives in the lib.plist.
That's not useful.
There is no documentation on what should go into lib.plist other the
fact that "anything" can. So I can come up with a way to store ot
features which would be completely different from their way. This needs
to be documented carefully.

> > UFO appears to support the ttf 'name' table -- but only for one language
> > (which to my mind renders this support useless).
> this can also be stored in a dictionary in the font.lib.
Can. Fine. Needs to be specified so that everyone does the same thing.

> ufo has limitations, for example lack of support for either ps or tt hints and bitmaps. but then every
> glyph has a lib which can be used to store custom stuff...
If it isn't documented it isn't supported. It needs to be consistant for
all users or the ability to store anything is useless.