[Openfontlibrary] Libre Graphics Meeting 2, 4-5-6 May 2007, in Montreal

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Tue Feb 13 11:52:56 PST 2007

>> http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/index.php/LGM2
>>
>> There are 4 main types of talks:
>>
>>     * 1 Free Software for Typeface Design
>>           o 1.1 FontForge
>>           o 1.2 Spiro
>>     * 2 "The Open Font Library"
>>     * 3 Open Font License
>
> Sorry Nicolas, I forgot to say, I think an talk on the OFL itself
> could be worthwhile, especially if 1.1 is out by May - what do you
> think?

Yep, a presentation of the OFL would certainly be very useful. Some kind
of status report on how it has helped us build bridges between FLOSS and
type communities and an overview of the various font families now freed
as a result.

We could also list the range of tools/scripts available complementing
the font editors. (I have plans for a metapackage to pull in all the
"open font design toolkit").

I'll get in touch with the Dejavu font designers and see if they can
come to LGM2 as well. It would be great to have them onboard.

This is going to be a great milestone for our community :-)

--
Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org