[Openfontlibrary] clarification...

Gustavo Ferreira grilo at centroin.com.br
Fri Jan 26 15:40:03 PST 2007

hi, it's me again.

i feel i need to make my point-of-view clearer:

i'm not against the open font library, the open font license, the idea of distributing fonts as free-
software etc. on the opposite, otherwise i wouldn't be here.

but i don't agree with many opinions and strategies expressed here on this list.

there are no type-designers on this list, and as far as i know not even graphic designers. (please
correct me if i'm wrong!)

there aren't any discussions about design or typographic issues.

the website is poorly designed.

most fonts are unusable for any serious graphic design work.

nothing has been said about quality control.

...this all makes me very sad, because i really believe in the idea of distributing fonts as free
software.

but i also believe you cannot really reach quality without criticism.

i would like to elaborate, but i have other things to do.

looking forward for your responses,
- gustavo.