[Openfontlibrary] logo for Graphite

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:50:39 PDT 2007

On 20/07/07, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 08:06 +1000, ryan lerch wrote:
> > yeah, i imagine we can fit it in... the competition plan is not set in
> > concrete at the moment, however, IMO we should have a normal
> > competition before (or maybe at the same time) as another logo
> > competiton (we just finished having the xiph.org spread open media
> > comp...)
> >
> > the only thing with using OCAL for your logo competition, is that your
> > logo will have to be PD. as everything that is uploaded to OCAL has to
> > be... im not sure of the rammifications of an org having a PD logo...
> >
> > just something to think about i spose...
>
> I think we should make some special case where submissions are in the PD, but the final selection is then solely owned by the one/org/company commissioning the competition.
>
> We just need to spell out some text from this and have a way to toggle a
> full copyright on items.
>
> What do you think?

It is up to the submitting artists to choose what they want to submit
their art under. If they have no problem with PD then I don't see a
problem with that.

If it is PD it should be ok for the commissioners to relicense it to themselves?

otoh ianal but it kinda sounds messy wrt trademark but I dunno if that
is a problem here.

Regards,
Daniel