[Openfontlibrary] droid fonts

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Nov 15 09:09:57 PST 2007

On 15/11/2007, Christopher Fynn <cfynn at gmx.net> wrote:

> In this case I'd wait till you read the actual licence in the fonts.

Yes; lots of chatter about how much freedom Google is giving with
these phones, since what is available now is totally proprietary. But
I hope they will release it under Apache 2. (GPLv3 compatible :-)

> Ascender is not particularly in the Free and OpenSource fonts camp...
> They are also the marketing agents for Microsoft(R) fonts.

Yes, this is true, but they did Red Hat's Liberation fonts too, so
they are more in the sofware-freedom camp then any other proprietary
foundry, afaik