[Openfontlibrary] Fwd: Droid fonts

Stephen Hartke hartke at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 09:32:59 PST 2007

Awesome!  I hope that happens soon, as the current license in the Droid font
files is:
http://ascendercorp.com/eula10.html

I think that Droid Sans is an exceptionally nice screen font.  One of its
biggest pluses is that it is somewhat condensed horizontally.  Its also has
been designed to have a very "open" look: for instance, c,e,a are more
open.  Droid Sans Mono is also quite nice.

I'm not as big a fan of Droid Serif because it seems to me to have a strange
mix of serifs (C,S vs E,F).

In general, I like Droid a lot more than Liberation, though it's easy to see
their common design roots.

Best wishes,
Stephen