[Openfontlibrary] Help Support Libre Graphics Meeting 2008!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Apr 1 21:44:27 PDT 2008

I'm working with Dave neary, Louis Desjardins and Kamila (lead organizer
this year) to do a big loud announcement about LGM 2008 in Poland!

Here is my own blog post about. Please post your own! Take from mine!
http://rejon.org/2008/04/01/support-the-libre-graphics-meeting-2008-in-poland/

Can someone do big blog post about LGM 2008 fundraising campaign to
raise 20k USD by friday APRIL 18 on inkscape.org...Also, if there is any
other way to spread the news, that would be helpful...please others,
blog about the campaign along with the widget...if there are businesses,
or those with access to funding, now is the time to help out your
favorite project!

My blog post already filtered to Open Clip Art Library and the planets,
but OFLB folks, need to figure out blog post there too, right?

Jon

###

        Support the Libre Graphics Meeting 2008 in Poland

        Donate here! http://pledgie.com/campaigns/613

        What is the Libre Graphics Meeting?

        The Libre Graphics Meeting brings together developers and users
        of free software graphics applications, such as the GIMP,
        Inkscape, Scribus, Blender, Krita, the Open Clipart Library and
        more.

        In its third edition, the organization needs your help! You can
        support your favorite graphics application, and ensure that the
        travel costs of as many volunteer developers as possible are
        paid to ensure that this edition of the conference is more
        successful that its predecessors. The conference is May 8 - 11
        in Wroclaw, Poland.

        Where will the money go?

        We have kept costs associated with infrastructure to a minimum.
        Over 80% of the conference budget will be spent on subsidizing
        travel and accommodation costs for developers. $20K is the goal
        to raise by Friday April 18! Help out!

        A non-profit organization

        All donations will be made to the conference organizers via the
        GNOME Foundation, a 501(c)3 tax exempt US-based non-profit, so
        donations will be tax deductible for US taxpayers. We would like
        to thank the GNOME Foundation for their support.

###

San Francisco, CA
CHINA PH +86 1-360-282-8624
jon at rejon.org