[Openfontlibrary] X11 (?) & Monofonto

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jan 18 09:31:11 PST 2008

On 18/01/2008, gooly at gmx.at <gooly at gmx.at> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2008 schrieb Denis Jacquerye:
>
> > Contact the author, he can help. We can only try to talk about it.
>
> the Author? Which Author?
> Of Monofonto?  But this wasn't changed?

You could try contacting the author to change the font so it works -
chance of that is zero.

Or you could try contacting the author to make the font free software,
so that anyone can change the font so it works. Chance of that is near
zero.

> So xorg-Author, because I think it happens because of version 7.2-135.4?

xorg authors will not be interested in supporting a proprietary font,
and changing xorg to remain compatible with old and outdated is never
going to happen.

> So at waht list do you think should I cry?

I suggest you use a different, free software font.