[Openfontlibrary] Hi from argentina

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Sat Jan 19 06:43:02 PST 2008

> Hi, my name is Juan Suarez, i'm graphic designer from Argentina, i m
> active member of 'udgba' ( local graphic design union) and i'm free
> software movement 'activist', and linux user
>
> i will write about free software and typography topic, in a blog
> (in spanish)
> i want to know if any 'oficial position' of openfontlibrary about
> use of SIL-OFL license
> Are u recomended SIL-OFL to make contributions to openfontlibrary?
>
> sorry my i-tarzan-you-jane-english! i m a spanish speaker
>
> thanks!

Hola Juan,

Looking forward to your articles on free software and typography :)
Let us know where and when you publish them.

As for an official position of openfontlibrary, I guess we should set
this community voting system up someday...

I'll let the others answer and simply point out that the current hosting
platform supports tagging your fonts as released under the OFL and that
there are currently about 20 fonts released under the OFL published on
the OFLB (openfontlibrary):
http://openfontlibrary.org/media/tags/OFL

BTW, seems like the next Debconf will happen in your corner of the
world. It sounds like a great opportunity to meet folks interested in
open fonts, collaborative font design and free software at this event.

Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org
http://pkg-fonts.alioth.debian.org
https://launchpad.net/people/fonts